When it comes to SEO, storytelling and organic content are two content strategies you need to use to boost your SEO. So many people think about the technical side of SEO: keywords, backlinks, and header tags. While those aspects are certainly important, they’re not the only pieces that make up a successful strategy. In order to create an effective SEO campaign that will drive traffic to your website organically, you need to focus on content. And not just any content, but good content.
So what makes good content? Well, there are a few things, but first and foremost, it’s content that is engaging. It’s a combination of visual and written content that can be read on its own or used as a supporting element to other content. Good design plays an important role in this. So does the tone of voice and writing style – all aspects of what we call brand voice.
1. What are storytelling and organic content?
2. How can storytelling and organic content help my SEO?
3. Tips for creating effective storytelling and organic content
4. Measuring the success of your storytelling and organic content
5. Additional resources
What are storytelling and organic content?
Organic content is the creation of content that is meant to naturally engage an audience. This type of content is not promotional in nature, but rather provides information or entertainment that is useful or interesting to the target audience.
Storytelling is one of the best ways to create organic content. When stories are well-told, they can be incredibly engaging and provide a lot of value to the audience. Telling stories that are relevant to your brand or industry can help you connect with your audience in a deeper way.
How do they help my SEO?
There is no question that good storytelling is essential for any organization wanting to connect with its customers and employees. But what many people don’t realize is that storytelling is also a powerful tool for search engine optimization (SEO). In fact, when it comes to SEO, nothing is more important than high-quality, engaging content.
Organic content, which is content that is not paid for or promoted, is one of the key factors that search engines use to determine a website’s rank.
Tips for creating effective content
There is no one-size-fits-all answer for creating effective storytelling and organic content. However, there are a few tips that can help you get started.
- Pay attention to the latest trends and news in your industry.
- Write about things that interest you and your audience.
- Experiment with different content formats and strategies.
- Be authentic and transparent in your writing.
- Take advantage of social media platforms to share your content.
In order to create effective storytelling and organic content, marketers must first understand their audience. Once they know who their target market is, they can begin to create messaging that resonates with them. This means that the content must be authentic and true to the brand, while also being engaging and interesting.
It is also important to keep in mind that different social media platforms cater to different types of content. For example, LinkedIn is more professional and therefore lends itself to more serious content, while Instagram is more visual and often used for sharing fun or quirky stories.
Finally, always test and measure the results of your efforts.
Measuring the success of your storytelling and organic content
One of the main goals of storytelling and organic content is to create a connection with the audience. However, it can be difficult to measure the success of these initiatives. Here are a few ways to determine whether your storytelling and organic content are resonating with your audience:
- Use social media analytics to track engagement levels. If people are sharing and commenting on your posts, then you know they’re engaging with your content.
- Use web analytics to track how much traffic your content is generating. If people are visiting your website after reading your stories or blog posts, then you know they’re engaging with your content.
- Use sales analytics to track how much revenue your content is generating. If people are making purchases after reading your stories or blog posts, then you know they’re engaging with your content.
There are many ways to create content that resonates with your audience. Here are some additional resources for creation and tips to help your content go viral:
- The Science of Virtual Content
- How to Develop an Instagram Strategy that Works
- How to Increase Blog Traffic with 9 Types of Viral Content
- The complete guide to social media for small business
- The Ultimate Guide to Blogging and Starting a Blog in 2022
Using storytelling and organic content to boost your SEO results are two excellent areas to focus on and they are free. In this article, we’ve provided five tips to help you get started. But that’s just the beginning! If you want to learn more, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get more tips delivered directly to your inbox every week.