In the realm of online digital content, nothing performs as well as video. This is why video is so critical to a successful marketing strategy. But what if you’re an introvert who hates being on camera? Not to worry — you have options!
Thanks to the increasing rise of video popularity, software for creating videos makes it easier than ever for businesses to create and publish videos. Plus, these new avenues offer opportunities to create videos without actually having to physically be in every one (and all the introverts of the world breathe a sigh of relief).
Here is why we think video is so vital to your digital marketing strategy and tips on how to be successful at creating videos for your business.
Why Video is Important Online
Today’s online audience is bombarded with content options. If you want to stand out and truly let your brand’s personality shine, then you want to consider video.
A great video is an excellent and inexpensive way to engage your current customers and grow your reach. Just as video killed the radio star, online videos are now the most consumed and shared content online (sorry blogs). Video is also a much more personal way to connect with consumers.
Still not convinced of the power of video? Here are a few stats we found in a recent Forbes article that might help change your mind:
- By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80-percent of all consumer Internet traffic (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: Social Media Today)
- 55-percent of people watch videos online every day (Source: Digital Information World)
- 90-percent of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Hubspot)
- Social video generates 1200-percent more shares than text and images combined (Source: SmallBizTrends)
Options for Creating Business Videos
Businesses use videos for a multiple of reasons in today’s marketplace — develop new leads, inform and educate current customers, and to build brand awareness.
Types of videoes to include in your content strategy:
- Social Media updates
- Video interviews
- Behind the scenes at your company
- Tutorial and explainer videos
- Videos of product demonstrations and reveals
- Customer and influencer video testimonials
For those of you who fear the idea of being on camera, you’re in luck! Today’s video creation options offer an avenue of ways to create a personalized, entertaining, and informative video without having to step foot in front of the camera. You can use voice-over in a movie or video ad, images and clips from around the office of your team, animation, funny gifs, or enlist the help of customers to create your business videos.
Here are nine video creation tools we found that are easy and affordable for just about every business:
- Vyond (animation videos)
- Biteable (video animation and explainer videos)
- AVS Video Editor (video editing software)
- Easy Sketch Pro (doodle videos with interactive functions)
- Kizoa (movie maker)
- Boomerang (create looping ads for Facebook and Instagram)
- Giphy (gif maker)
- SoundCloud (free video sounds and music)
- HYFY (video capture tool – great for explainer videos)